1. New Berlin West (14-1, 9-0) – The state-ranked Lady Vikings beat Bay View, 67-38, in a non-conference game, and Greendale, 56-29, in league play. Alyssa (Chubby) Nelson (21 points) and Morgan Henrichs (7 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists) led the way vs. Bay. Henrichs (13 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals), Nelson (12) and Lily Adkison (10 pts, 7 rebs) led the way vs the Panthers.
The Lady Vikings have big games with Pius XI and South Milwaukee this week.
2. New Berlin Eisenhower (9-5, 7-2) – The Lady Lions had a 4-game losing streak through Saturday, playing ranked King closely, 57-53, but getting blown out by Pewaukee, 61-33. Julia Hintz put on a show with 26 points vs. the Generals but no one reached double figures in the loss to Pewaukee.
Coach Gary Schmidt’s team faces Wauwatosa West and Shorewood this week and should get back on the winning track.
3. Wauwatosa East (12-2, 5-2) – The Red Raiders defeated Brookfield East, 48-35, in their only game of the week. Sophomore Brooklyn Blackburn had 12 points and an amazing 18 rebounds and Johanna Taylor had 11 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks.
The Red Raiders play Brookfield Central and Sussex Hamilton this week.
4. Brookfield Central (5-7, 3-4) – The Lady Lancers lost to Menomonee Falls, 53-42, last week and they face a tough schedule against Wauwatosa East and Divine Savior Holy Angels this week. Freshman Anna Mortag continues to improve as she had 22 points and Caroline Busch had 12 vs the Indians. Point guard Amanda Miller and forward Ellery Nordling as also picked up their games.
Claire Haynes, who suffered a severe injury (back) in the second game of the season, has been given the green light to slowly work her way back onto the court. Her presence and leadership alone could be a boost to this club.
5. Brookfield East (8-8, 3-5) – The Lady Spartans have a 5-game losing streak going with games against West Allis Hale and and West Allis Central this week. They need to get back on track or see a good season go down the drain.
They lost to Catholic Memorial, 53-37, and Tosa East, 48-35, last week. The Crusaders blew them out in the second half, 29-15. Molly DeValkenaere had 15 points, 8 rebs, 2 blocks, while Emma Ralfs had a good all around game (7 rebs, 6 assists, 4 steals). In the loss to Tosa East, Nikki Pink and DeValkenaere had 10 points each. The Red Raiders outscored them by 5 points in the first half and 8 in the second.
6. Wauwatosa West (5-10, 2-7) – Lost a 65-33 decision to Pius XI at home. Irene Phillips had 9 points, Margaret Radske had 8 and Cheri’a Adams had 7. Look for my feature on Dasia Davis, who leads the team in several categories, beginning on Thursday at preps2pros.net.
West plays New Berlin Eisenhower and at Cudahy this week. Trojans have lost 3 straight and 5 of 6.